Feb 16, 2010

Duck & Dave M&G









I never really question the names of my dogs. We almost always just keep their race names and to me it's just normal. That is until we do a M&G and I see the looks on people's faces as I answer their question as to "what are their names"
Duck and Dave
You see the confusion in these peoples faces. So you have one dog named after an animal and another after a human LOL ya I guess so.
But no matter my boys are both Champion M&G doggies.
Ducker dog, oh GOOD LORD that dog thinks the world revolves around him, that each and every human who walks threw the door should come and visit him.
Ducker is an AMAZING M&G hound. He loves the attention, his tail never stops wagging and he just always has the most happiest face on.
I almost feel selfish for having this boy and only doing one M&G a month. If I could rent him out to other groups for M&G I surely would :D
Ducker is just a ham and he loves, loves, LOVES all the attention.
Dave, is also a super M&G hound but on a different level. Dave is very laid back, calm and just waits for someone to come to him. Once he has the human suckered in, then he does that greyhound lean, looks into the humans eyes and their a goner.
Two very different dogs that I feel are important to have at M&G. Not everyone wants that wild child, always in your face hound and yet not everyone wants that laid back boy.
So my two are excellent to have at M&G to show the wide range of personalities of hounds.
Last month I took Pooh and Duck and well Pooh really didn't enjoy them much. While Pooh is a very outgoing girl at home, when she gets out in public where there is a lot of activity she tends to draw back a bit.
Brookie, well she's just too old for M&G. At the ripe old age of 13, Brookie has put in her time as a M&G hound and enjoys sleeping the days away at home while the young whipper snappers go out and work the crowds.
Maybe next month I will take Brookie for just a quick visit because she is such a social girl and does love outings. She just gets to tired for them now.
I'll have to think on that a bit.

2 comments:

  1. They are all adorable hounds. I hope you have the time to share more, as I just found your blog and will drop in regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack....LOVE THEM! It is all about them I agree! Beautiful beautiful hounds.

    ReplyDelete