Mar 29, 2009


OH the joys of a new greyhound in the home. It seems we often forget what it's like when you haven't adopted a new hound in many years.
In just the last 5 months we have added 2 hounds to our pack. Pooh back in Oct and recently Duck. Pooh had just started to calm down and adjust to home life. I was able to sleep past 6am. Seems 6AM is when Pooh felt it was time to be fed. This expressed by Pooh by barking and dancing on my head, barking and poking me in the eye with her nose, wet kisses on my face and well just no way to ignore that.
But as I said, Pooh had calmed down and was learning to sleep in until at least 7AM.
Then in comes Duck and the fun begins all over again. But unlike Pooh, Duck for some reason enjoyed a late night/early morning "play time" For whatever reason Duck really felt that 3AM is a good time to wake me up to play.
He's finally getting over that but he still has some learning to do about home life.
Just last week he managed to steal my dinner off the counter as I talked on the phone. Who knew greyhounds enjoyed Taco Salad so much LOL.
And just this morning I was awoke to someone (read here Duck) chewing on something. After the sleep cleared from my eyes I was able to figure out exactly what was making that noise. Hmmm Duck chewing on a soda can!!
The things these new hounds home will find to play with. I guess the 10,000 stuffies strewn though out the house was not good enough for the Duck man.

Oh the joys of a new hound home ;-) But I love him and so glad I'm able to share his life. Never a dull moment

No comments:

Post a Comment