Mar 31, 2009

Rin Tin Pooh


You know, sometimes I wonder why I don't have "normal" dogs. It just takes me a moment to figure it all out. I don't want "normal" dogs. I enjoy those crazy quirky hounds. You know the ones that if a first time adopter ever took that dog home it would be returned in about 3.2 sec flat.
Maybe I'm just odd but I find humor in the crazy things they do. Maybe I've learned that life is just to short to worry about the simple things that others might see as issues.
My hounds basically know one command down pat and that would be Cookies. Yup they have never forgotten that one. And while they do know others, such as wait and lay down and quiet, it seems like they are always selective on when they actually chose to listen to those or not. But to me it's ok.
I often wonder how many normal people could handle being woken up by one crazy hound kissing your face and poking you in the eye all the while doing a happy dance on each and every part of your body. Not to be out done we have another who will sing you a lovely toon of some sort of combo between a Roo and bark. While yet another feels that you just might not get the point of what is trying to be expressed to you and he will join in with a nice deep bark of his own. My older gal Brookie has slowed down a bit but when it comes to feeding time you would think she was a 6 month old pup. She joins in by grabbing the most noisest toy in the house and has a grand ole time.
Sure sometimes I would love to sleep in past 8 AM but it's not possible in this house with these hounds and you know what, that's ok.
I have found that each hound has come to my home because of the crazy quirks they have. That is what attracted me to them in the first place.
So while this type of hound is not for everyone they are for me. Maybe it's because I'm sorta quirky in my own way, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment