Apr 17, 2009

Dreams of days gone by and the circle continues






I'm sure I'm not the only one who often find myself thinking of my past hounds. How much I miss them and how much joy they have brought to my life. The things they taught me. Such as Cassie and Willow and how one dog can teach another dog things that humans never could.
Willow taught Cassie the joys of living in the country, not to go far from Mom's side. To embrace each day as it could be your last. To love with all your heart and never think twice about doing so.
With Weenie, it was never think one dog is going to be like the next. That just cause your sister, Cassie is basically an angel that doesn't mean it runs in the family. When you can seize and opportunity DO SO. Run hard and fast as if you don't hear someone screaming your name like a dang fool =)
For Dave it was your lost love is never far away. Don't give up hope on finding that lost love. They are never far away and they will find their way back to you.
For Pup it was life can be so simple. Enjoy the gifts you are given. And keep your toys close and in order.
For Momma dog it was no matter how hard life has been on you there is always love to make it better.
And for Willow, my first dog all on my own. It was never let anything get you down. Life is not fair, it will throw so much "stuff" at you that you're not sure you can make it another day, but you can! There is more to be done and if you give up, you have lost.
I reflect on my past dogs often. Each and everyone has taught me a lesson if not several.
The circle continues and new lessons are learn. I look at the crew of hounds we have now and while I see glimpses of past hounds in each of them, I also see a new and vibrant life that is so different from those of my past. New lessons to be learned from each.
With the newest addition of Duck, aka Ducker Dog, aka Ducker doodle doo, I have to laugh. For Duck each day is started with a wonderful Roooo. It's a brand new day and dang it, lets enjoy.


"The heart that truly loves never forgets"

No comments:

Post a Comment