Jan 3, 2010

Augie Dogie, aka my Big Bubba boy is gone


It is with great sadness that I had to say goodbye to one of the most amazing hounds I have ever been blessed to share in their life.
On Dec 29th at around 10:45 Augie Dogie was helped to the Rainbow Bridge.

It's strange how time passes by and often forget that your hounds are getting up in age. This is what happened to me.
Never in a million years would I think I would be loosing my big lug-a-duga boy. Yes, now that I think about it he was getting up in age but to me he was still so young.

The story of how Augie came into my life is a true love story. A story of a hound knowing what he wanted and forcing the human to follow along the path that was set forth for them.
Augie came into my life as a racer in the kennel I was training for. Of course you care about each and every hound but for some reason this new dog in was special, as I would learn over the years I was able to share with him.
Augie was not suppose to become my pet, or so I thought.
I won't bore you with the long drawn out story of how Augie came into my life but I will say this. Augie taught me a very valuable lesson. A lesson of if you listen to the dogs, and I mean really listen. They will talk to you.

Augie taught me this gift and it's one I will never forget. There is no question that Augie was an angel placed upon this earth to teach me many things. His job I guess was done and he was called home.
Doesn't make my heart break any less.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry! I know exactly what you mean about learning lessons, too!

    ReplyDelete