May 16, 2010

Busy weekend with a super outcome



First off, NO, I did not add a new hound to my pack :)
Above is a few photos I took last night of our house guest. She's leaving out today but let me tell you, this girl is so sweet and well behaved and oh yeah, she grins and smiles and chatters too (swoon)
So who is this mystery gal? Well her name is Grace and she was a run away. She escaped from her owner on Tue and was just found Sat. So she had been on the run for 4 days!!
I'm surprised and amazed at how good of shape she is in. A few grease marks and a little cut on the side of one pad but other then that she's in good shape.
The owner of Grace and another hound was in the process of returning these girls. He was taking them to the vet to get check ups before turning them over and Grace bolted from him walking into the vets office and on the run she went.
GPA-LA/MS just found out about this on Friday night and the troops were rallied yesterday. Flyers handed out and friends talking to friends. And this is how Grace ended up being found.
A HUGE thanks to Kay for chatting with her friends about a loose hound. A friend of a friend found Grace in their back yard. Wet, cold, shivering and scared of course. (We have been having pretty nasty weather and my heart was breaking for this poor girl out in this weather.)
A call was placed to Kay and well here we are with a hound safe and sound.
I picked up Grace last night and carried her home until Judy could come today to pick her up. Grace I think is just happy to be warm, dry, full belly and a comfy place to rest her head.
I do have to say, I love my crew of hounds. After about 5 minutes of a new hound in the house they couldn't care less. Everyone just jives.
No muzzles, no crates, nope none of that here. Just a total understanding that each and every hound that steps into this home needs to get along with everyone else. Seems to work.
All of this could have ended very very badly for Grace. But due to the Grace of God. She is safe.
Don't ya just love happy endings?

1 comment:

  1. I do love happy endings! I'm glad so many people were in the right place at the right time for her!

    ReplyDelete