May 20, 2010

In memory of a special friends hound


While Quilty is not one of my own hounds she stole the hearts of many and I feel it's only right to remember her as if she was one of my own.
Quilty is a hound who was found wandering and was taken in by the adoption center at B'ham. Quilty as you can see was no spring chicken but GOOD GAWD no one had better ever have told her that because she had a spirit like no other hound.


A good friend of mine was visiting the B'ham adoption kennel where Queen Quilty was staying and as things would turn out, this old gal would soon join the amazing family of Heather and Ken and their pack of hounds.
When Quilty joined their family she was extremely under weight and as I said, old, 13 I believe. After a vet visit it was found that Quilty was diabetic and was placed on insulin shots 2x a day.


Quilty shared in Heather and Ken's life for just about a year and when I tell you this old gal had demands it's no joke. I still laugh about the days chatting with Heather and hearing this old raspy bark in the background. Learning that was Quilty and she was demanding something that only she knew and Heather and Ken had to figure out.

Quilty was a tenacious girl no question and for that reason I remember her with many smiles on my face. Everyone says that this dog or that dog was a once in a lifetime hound. And yes, each and everyone is. But Quilty reached far beyond her family. While she lived with Heather and Ken she was "owned" by many.
So farewell Queen Quilty. You touched so many hearts and placed many smiles on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment