Jun 15, 2010

Pigs ears anyone??










There is no question, Brookie LOVES pigs ears. It's the one thing that no matter what I know she will eat.
So I figured I would post a photo essay of Brookie and her pigs ears.
First photo was the mention of the word. Yes, Brookie and everyone else understand the words Pigs Ears. Second Photo is me opening the bag, which at this point Brookie is starting to get very excited.
Third photos is Brookie giving Dave the stink eye as he thinks he's going to get the first ear. Not a chance, Brookie always gets the first treat, pigs ear, bone whatever.
And last photo is Brookie chowing down.
As I have said in a past blog post, the hounds know that Brookie is the Princess in the house. So while they may think about pestering each other for the pigs ears, Brookie they give her a wide berth as she doesn't think twice about letting them know to leave her alone.
While Brookie continues to age and there are days that her age really shows. With a bit of a limp when she first gets up, or sleeping so soundly, the rush to the back door as she just can't "hold" it as long and the urge to go just seems to hit her. When it comes to the pigs ears you would think she was a 2 yr old pup. She knows the sound of the bag and I swear that she has some sort of physic powers knowing I'm headed out to the garage to get her one.
Each and every day I get to share with this old gal is a Blessing for sure.
She's the oldest hound I have ever had and she has shared the most amount of years with me then any other hound.
Brookie for sure is a very special girl.

2 comments:

  1. when you have a dear old friend like this, you have to cherish every moment with them. Even if it's watching them sleep as you are watching tv or something. When they are gone, and that time will come, you don't want to look back and say to yourself " I wish I had taken her for more walks" or " I wish I had curled up on the floor with her more often"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture.
    Dave sure looks like Diamond now. Diamond's face is still grayer though.

    ReplyDelete