Jun 20, 2009

How did I become dog obsessed?


Some may wonder, how does one become dog obsessed?
For me I was "bred" into it =) The photo above is not of my dogs but of my very own Mothers. Yes, she actually has more dogs then I do.
The line up is, far left is a Foster Hingham, 2nd from left Lacey, center Dulcie, 2nd from Right a foster, Far right Kasper.
In the back, the black is Logan and very far back is Patchie.
Mom, forgive me if I spelled any of their names wrong.

All but 2, Lacey and Logan, are French Bulldogs. Logan and Lacey are actually Boston/Pug crosses.
The fosters are through French Bulldog Rescue Network.
So basically I was helpless. It wasn't a matter of IF I would become dog obsessed when out on my own, but WHEN =)

I have to say I'm thrilled to have grown up in such a diverse animal setting. Horses and dogs, cats and goats, chickens and rabbits, you name it more then likely it had shared our home. Yes, yes even a skunk, Thumper. I told you, I wasn't kidding, if it was an animal then more then likely it at one time entered into our home life.
I honestly feel blessed to have learned so much about so many different animals as a child, it set me on a wonderful path of understand and being able to deal with just about any creature. A bond with animals that very seldom can be taught but is developed at a young age. I was granted this as a child and I wouldn't want it any other way. THANKS MOM!!

While of course I question my Mom, why in the world she is involved with Frenchies ;-) but to each their own, doesn't mean I will stop trying to turn her over to the "other" side of the dog world, My world, GREYHOUNDS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment