Jul 29, 2009

What a wonderful pack






I have to say I am truly BLESSED to have such a wonderful pack of hounds.
On Thursday we had company. Beth and her girl Isis stopped on by on their way to Jacksonville to pick up a new hound. My crew never skipped a beat. Beth and Isis walked in and it was as if they had both been here all along. Well except for Duck thinking Beth was his new bestest friend in the whole wide world. Ya Ducker is just a lover boy and thinks that every human who walks in this house is solely for Ducker loving.
Poor Isis wanted Ducker man to be her new bestest friend and poor Ducker just didn't understand Isis's advancement LOL
Then on Sat, Beth came back through town with Isis and her new boy Steak. I have to say that Steak has been the most well adjusted boy I have ever seen. Now keep in mind that this was Steaks first time in a home and you would have never known he hadn't been in a home all his life.
Steak was a joy to have in our home. He was very well behaved with all our hound, figured out our doggie door, found a bed and just rested. No whining, no pacing or panting. He was just a gem.
Again with a new hound in the house, my crew just went with the flow.
I often wonder, is it the humans that are stressing these hounds out when they are new into the home. I have to believe that is a big part of it.
Both Beth and myself just went along as if nothing was odd or different and it seemed as if our hounds just jived with our feelings.
No stress, no freaking out, everything was chill and that is exactly how the hounds responded. Relaxed.
So a bit of food for thought. Adding a new hound? Relax! don't stress and more then likely your hounds won't either.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing how well they do in crowds. Almost like they miss the big pack atmosphere..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I am just now seeing this! I soo enjoyed staying with you and yes, the dogs were great!

    ReplyDelete