Nov 22, 2009

They keep me sane

Before I start my chatter the above photos is of some of my bridge angels.
Weenie on the bed and Pup on the doggy beds.

I honestly believe that my hounds keep me sane, they keep me grounded and help me continue on my days.
No matter what they are always there with their wagging tails, their silly grins, just the pure joy that their human is home and at their beckon call.

Lately stresses have invaded my life and the one place I know I can find comfort and calmness is in the company of my hounds.
Even going out side and picking up their poop is calming to me.
I can feel the stress building in me and all I have to do is take a look at a hound roaching or sleeping close by me and the stress seems to just fade away.

They snuggle with me and honestly don't ask much of me. Food, love, a soft place to lay their bodies and attention.

I never once question why I have these hounds in my life. Each and every day is a gift to share in their lives. They make me a better person, they show me what it's all about.
So my suggestion to anyone who reads this blog.
Just keep it simple. Eat, sleep and demand the love that you so deserve. Anything above and beyond that is just a bonus.

1 comment:

  1. "Just keep it simple. Eat, sleep and demand the love that you so deserve. Anything above and beyond that is just a bonus."

    So well put! We're truly blessed to have dogs in our lives.

    ReplyDelete